Midweek Blessings – Romans: In the Grip of Grace
Wednesdays through June 2 at 4 pm: Midweek Blessings class will study ROMANS: In the Grip of Grace, a six-session video study by Max Lucado. Location: Zoom and in-person in the River Room at EPC’s Christian Ministry Center. Zoom meeting details: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/440350988 Meeting ID: 440 350 988 Password: 1111
Max Lucado ushers us into this study of one of the richest theological works ever penned, the book of Romans. The core idea of Romans is that we are saved by grace, through faith. When we truly understand the privilege and power of grace, it sets us free from having to do good things, so that we can do good things. There’s no more have to, instead there’s I can do.
In this liberating study, Max focuses on several important themes:
The reality, danger and power of sin – the deepest problem humans face (Romans 1-2).
- God’s grace, which is real, amazing, available to all (Romans 3-5).
- God has set us free, but the battle with sin continues – becoming like Jesus demands continual surrender (Romans 6-8).
- We are a part of God’s beautiful story – creation, fall, redemption, and restoration (Romans 9-11).
- Christians follow in Jesus’ footsteps by humbly serving and sacrificially loving others (Romans 12-13).
- Christ-followers are called to live in fellowship with each other (Romans 14-16).
Zoom meeting details: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/440350988 Meeting ID: 440 350 988 Password: 1111